- What data do we collect?
- How is personally identifiable data collected?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Third-party tools (website and app only)
- Single Sign-On
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
Liffery’s business model is not built around collecting and selling your data to other companies nor will it ever be. Your privacy is as important to us as it is to you and we have developed this policy for you to understand how we make use of personal information and clearly explain what we do and do not do with it.
Additionally, this policy is written in non-lawyer talk so as to be as clear as possible to everyone who wants to read it. We will likely have to update this policy over the years as we grow, but you will be informed whenever this happens.
What data do we collect? #
When you build your Liffery profile some data collection is required for Liffery to function:
- Your name and email address.
Additional information can optionally be entered and will be linked to your profile:
- Favourite colour
- Clothing sizes
- Other similar types of data.
How is personally identifiable data collected? #
You directly provide Liffery with data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete your user profile, a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, chat or comment boxes or via email.
- Use or view our website or Liffery tools on other websites via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data? #
Firstly, your personally identifiable data is not, and never will be, sold or given free of charge to anyone. As stated in the introduction, this is not our business model and never will be.
Liffery collects your data (details above) for you to be able to use the Liffery platform and to make your experience in the Liffery platform personal to you and your selected connections.
We also need your data so that the Liffery platform can send you notifications, for example (but not limited to) email notifications about activities or upcoming events. You can manage all notifications from within the Liffery platform.
If you purchase a service from Liffery, for example, a Liffery Business account, to keep our platform secure and safe we may send your data to credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent activity, however, you will be informed before this happens.
How do we store your data? #
The world is very big, to ensure the Liffery platform works fast and reliably wherever you might be, we need to replicate our data to several locations around the world. To allow this to happen we use a database company called MongoDB. Your data within these databases are only accessible to Liffery and by using the Liffery platform, you.
Your information is stored in our databases up until you decide to remove it. By removing your data at any time from the Liffery platform, your data will also be removed from all replicated datasets automatically.
In addition to this, your passwords are always encrypted using the latest industry-standard one-way hashing techniques and password resets require users to confirm their ownership of the email address by clicking the short-lived password reset secret in their inbox.
All sites are encrypted using HTTPS as can be seen by the padlock in the address bar, this helps prevent bad actors from stealing your information.
Liffery would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like (if you have agreed to receive marketing information).
You may also opt-out at any point by changing your notification settings on your profile page.
What are your data protection rights? #
Liffery would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Liffery for copies of your data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Liffery correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Liffery to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Liffery erase your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Liffery restrict the processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Liffery’s processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Liffery transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have 1 month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us, details are at the bottom of this policy.
What are cookies? #
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit Liffery or any other website using the Liffery Sidebar we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technologies.
For further information about cookies, visit All About Cookies
- To keep you signed into the Liffery Apps and Website, without cookies this is not possible.
- The same 1st party authentication cookie is used to identify you when loading a Liffery Sidebar. The Liffery Sidebar is a tool other websites install and allows you to add their content directly to your Liffery account.
What types of cookies do we use? #
- Functionality and 1st Party cookies – so that we can recognize you on our platform and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include your preferred language and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies is used.
We do not use:
- Advertising cookies – Liffery does not use advertising cookies anywhere on our platform, nor do we sell or give data to advertising companies.
How to manage your cookies #
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, or even delete cookies each time you close your browser. Please be aware that cookies are needed though, without them you cannot log in properly. If you decide to delete your cookies when your browser closes, you will have to log in again the next time you load Liffery.
You will be notified when there is an update.
This policy was last updated on the 6th of July 2021.
Third-party tools (website and app only) #
This section is not applicable to the Liffery Sidebar.
- Google Analytics allows us to see over a period which features of Liffery are not that interesting to our users, all information is anonymised.
- Mouse Flow allows the Liffery product development team to build what is needed and remove features that do not work.
Single Sign-On #
You may have the option to log in to Liffery via Facebook or Google. During this process, named “single sign-on” or “SSO”, Liffery only collects your name and email address linked to your Facebook or Google account.
Though Liffery only collects enough data to authenticate you on the Liffery platform, please ensure you read and understand the terms and conditions of both Facebook and Google:
How to contact us #
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us: LIFFERY LTD, 71-75, Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, ENGLAND
Registered in ENGLAND, Number 13241757
Phone us: (++44) 0203 985 0916
How to contact the appropriate authorities #
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Liffery has not addressed your concern satisfactorily, you may contact the Data Protection Officer:
Email us at: email@example.com
You may also write or phone using the contact details in section 14 of this document.